Saturday 10 October 2009

Pieces from my portofolio.

Untitled.


In my sidelines you always stay,
a book filled with dust, left upon a shelf.
Cold.

Never have my knots been untied,
a layer of glass between us,
a window, a table, a coffin.
I stop. Beating, in your presence,
Tiny speckles of coal dilate in your gaze,
Montionless when your body touches mine.

lips on fingertips, smooth, sweet.
To taste you again, your breath on my neck,
needing is an urge i try to hide.
But you smile, your coals holding my gaze,
stay.
Deep inside frustration, anger, pain.
My dear 'friend' of mine.


The Model (2007)
This poem is influenced by the artwork by Henri Matisse. The famous 'Blue Nude 11' or 'Woman in Blue' was a piece of art that i came across at an art fayre and decided to concentrate on the connotations that screamed out at me. In this poem i touch on the subject of physical abuse towards to the woman, images of 'black' and 'blue' and her body being moulded into place.


Across it moves.
Strokes of fine horse hair caressing the white veil of innocence,
with water droplets falling onto stained woven silk.
Cut from sugard paper,
and placed upon a canvas,
like the blueberry stain you used for your sky.

Tainted on your skin,
my body a mass of desire,
Naked, black and blue.
Your fingers placing my body parts into sphere's
Like your face, a fist, my breast.
Your cold water stains left upon my cheek,
Uncontrolable hands posessing the fire that you burn,
with cherry blossoms and orange skins,
crushed into a pulp.

Skin cold and sore from the time you take to paint.
My face undisclosed.
A figure of a blue, placid river.

No comments:

Post a Comment